cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have PI in our environment, but there are still few point-to-point communications. I would like to know where I can see the response coming back from the web service? Is there a log or something that I can see? No PI is being used for this interfacing.

Please help. Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monica,

where I can see the response coming back from the web service? Is there a log or something that I can see? No PI is being used for this interfacing.

You can view the log in tcode SOAMANAGER. You will have to activate the trace and display XML payloads.

Just out of curiosity, if PI is there then why point-to-point communication?

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neetesh, for answering my query.

We are in the process of transferring interfaces to PI, we were using some other middleware tool before this. So, this is a transition phase. All non-SAP to non-SAP scenarios have been transferred through PI.

Thanks a lot,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

All non-SAP to non-SAP scenarios have been transferred through PI.

A little strange for me .. I have worked on similar projects but always had SAP related scenarios first going through PI. But there are all sort of architects, there must be a good reason to do something like this ...

Happy learning!

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

haha .. I don't know about architecture much. I just started working on SAP PI, so not too sure about that. But your statement does make sense - I have read and noticed that PI is usually used in those places where SAP is being used as an ERP. So, having SAP interfaces through PI does make sense.

Anyways, thanks for your time and suggestions. Closing the thread.

Monica.

Answers (0)