cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM -LOG AUTO ARCHIVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I had a problem trying to execute the Automatic Archiving Log Report. I log on with a user that has a SPM Administrator Role, when I execute the /VIRSA/FFARCHIVE transaction and press F8 (execute) the following error message appears: "The file couldn´t be open" (No se ha podido abrir el fichero). I have already assigned to the role the "S_DATASET" authorization object with the following fields and values:

- ACTVT: *

- FILE_NAME:*

- PROGRAM: /VIRSA/FF_LOG_AUTO_ARCHIVE

Also I had assigned de S_TCODE "/VIRSA/FFARCHIVE and configured the Auto Archive Location and created it at the server.

We scheduled the background job with the characteristics defined in Configuration Guide but at the first execution the job finalized with status "Cancel" with message number: /VIRSA/VFAT675.

I apreciate your comments, Is necessary more Authorization Objects? Is something special about the Auto Archive Location?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you defined auto archive log location in /virsa/vfat transaction ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we configured "Auto Archive Location" parameter with the folder location. Also we modified the folder privileges for 777.

Thanks for your response.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on unix then make sure that file system path for archive location should be all small letters.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your response, it fixed the problem and the job finally finished without errors.

Thanks

Ayda