cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advice process change in Solution Manger user creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have like 5 systems linked to Solution manager now and i am working on SRM part.

We are trying to make some improvements in our daily activities by reducing / eliminating few steps. In our current scenario, users are LDAP authenticated, so we run a query and create a user. Then assign the roles in SU01.

So, is it possible to have user creation (by LDAP authentication) and role assignment in a single step?

Thanks in advance.

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Sorry, I don't understand the scenario.

What do you plan to use Solution Manager for? (Maintenance Optimizer? ChaRM? Service Desk?) Depending on the intended setup, there might not be such a need to streamline the user creation as it would be overkill to work in such a process just for a few RFC users.

Anyway, the configuration functionality in Solution Manager will assist you in the system user creation, so I am not sure what do you need the LDAP user creation for.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

We are using solution manager for user maintenance.

If any internal user requests for SAP application access we give it via solution manage. Solution manager is again connected to our LDAP server and pick the details from LDAP by running a query.

During this user creation process we have some default roles which are supposed to be given to all the users related to one particular system. Lets say SRM users, if we are creating any SRM users then we have to give the default roles to all the users we created.

So, is it possible to have these default roles assigned automatically when i create?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

This scenario you describe is not part of Solution Manager (as a product) functionality, as far as I know. It might be possible in the broader sense that Solution Manager is based on Netweaver but I am not entirely sure about whether the licence agreement would let you do this kind of thing.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Answers (0)