cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FD Sales Document Type for Samples - 201 Movement instead of 601 Movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Current business process at my company is to do a 201 goods movement when sending sample materials to a customer. When 201 movement occurs, in the Accounting document the Samples G/L Account is debited and the Inventory G/L Account is credited.

I am trying to configure the FD order type. However, with the FD order type the LF delivery is used. This works, but the problem is that during the delivery process, a 601 movement occurs. When 601 movement occurs, in the Accounting document the Cost of Goods Sold G/L Account is debited and the Inventory G/L Account is credited.

I am attempting to utilize the FD order type, where a delivery is created and the delivery creates a 201 movement instead of a 601 movement. That way, the proper G/L accounts can be applied. Any help or pointers on my request would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

While doing the goods issue, instead of COGS(cost of goods issue) account getting debited, you woud like to get samples account debited,.For that use a different valuation class in accounting view in material master. And in OBYC, assign this G/L account for this valuation class.

For other materials which will different valuation class, it will post to COGS account.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nithin,

No...when a 601 movement occurs, I WANT COGS to be debited. If I changed that, no sales order would hit COGS during the normal sales order process.

Desired functionality is this, in this sequence:

- FD order is created manually (i.e. by a human being)

- Delivery is created and saved manually (i.e. by a human being), the movement type is 201 - GI to cost center. Currently LF delivery type is configured to do 601 movement. If LF can do either 201 movement or 601 movement based on the item category, that would be great. If not, I would need to create a new delivery type that creates a 201 movement.

- When delivery is post goods issued, the Accounting document debits Samples G/L account and credits Inventory G/L account

Current configuration for 201 movement is to debit Samples and credit Inventory. Current configuration for 601 movement is to debit COGS and credit Inventory. I want to keep it that way.

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Movement type comes from schedule line category of order litem's schedule line, i.e. schedule line category CP triggers movement type 601. Please check if correct schedule line is being determined in your case. If the schedule line is ok, but in delivery the movement is changed to 601 tough, you should check user-exit as there can be some custom movement type determination or maybe your schedule line does have the movement typ 601 assigned in customizing - then you should either changes customizing of this schedule line category or create new one and assign to your item cateogry..

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcin, thank you very much for the information. I created a new schedule line category and assigned the 201 movement to it. However, when attempting to create a delivery, I receive the following message:

Message no L9029

Error while determining ref.mov.type for WM via Table 156S: 201/X/X/ /L/X/

Do you have any recommendations for fixing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy

Firstly I would recommend copying movement type 201 to a custom one, say 901 and use it. In fact I would create a new item cat.

To resolve the issue Work with t code OMJJ, enter movement type '201' , specifically click open the folder 'Update control / WM movement types' on the left. Then figure out the entry that corresponds to your error and maintain '201' as the reference movement type for WM

Hope this helps..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Message no L9029

The best method in normal circumstances is that instead of making changes in the standard movement type, you copy the standard one, rename it and make changes in OMJJ which has already been suggested. Else check note 383950.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information. Another question I have is this - for the FD order type is a 333 movement (withdrawal of sample from unrestricted use stock) more approprate than a 201 movement (GI to cost center)?

Additionally, when in Tcode OMJJ I'm having difficulty having the L - Goods movement for delivery note indicator appear on either the 201 or 333 movement. Any recommendations would be appreciated.