cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Portfolio navigation to custom Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

During create of a portfolio item, I can not retrieve any data from JAVA. During change portfolio everything works great. I'm trying to retrieve either the GUID or the object ID.

I've tried:

/rpm/co_uicontext_vi_documen - During create this doesn't work. During change it works well. However during create nothing is found, and my error class is called.

/RPM/EX_GEN_NAVIGATION_BADI - this works great during change data is filled in IS_OBJECT_HIER. During change the structure is intial.

Searching OSS didn't give me any notes.

Searching SCN - I didn't find anything.

Any help would be Great!

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Make sure that your link definition in configuration ( xRPM->Global Customizing->Process and service setting->Define Navigation) has Generic Link Provider ( last field).

2. Impement BADI /RPM/EX_GEN_NAVIGATION_BADI Method /RPM/IF_GEN_NAVIGATION~GET_BUSINESS_PARAMS to get hold the external id in import parameter IS_OBJECT_HIER. The GUID you get here is not Item GUID.

It is /RPM/Item_d-PORTFL_ITEM_GUID.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had implemented the /RPM/EX_NAVIGATION BADI. It still did not fill in the object_id. It did fill in the object_guid. I used the object_guid to select from /rpm/item_h and get the detail_guid. Then I used the detail_guid to select from /rpm/item_d.

That gave me the external ID.

I'm still not sure why OBJECT_ID was not filled in. Someone from OSS is going to look at it. If I get an answer, I'll post it here.

But for now, the work around does work. It just takes some extra database hits.

Thank you!

Michelle