cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search for a qualifier field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a field of type Lookup[qualified flat] in the MDM main table. The lookup table has 5-6 fields, some are qualifier and some are non-qualifier. I want to perform a search which is combination of qualifier as well as non-qualifier fields of the lookup table.

For non-qualifier I have used FieldSearchDimension for non-qualifier field and QualifierSearchDimension for qualifier filed. But I am not getting the expected result. Could you please help.

Pictorially the scenarion is like:

MDM Main Table-> Field X(lookup[qualified flat])

Field X - Sub Field X1[qualifier - no]

- Sub Field X2[qualifier - yes]

Search criteria : Combination of Sub field X1 and sub field X2.

Thanks in anticipation!

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Adopt a drill down mechanism while using a Qualified lookup search.

In Datamanager, search parameters for a qualified lookup table appear as 3 distinct boxes - one below the other -

Box 1 : Look ups in Non qualifiers and their values

Box 2 : Qualified field : Displays all the valid Qualified field values that exist for a main table record.

Box 3: Qualifiers and their Values.

In your case, Sub Field X1( Non Qualifier) will appear in Box 1 ; Sub Field X2 (qualifier) will appear in Box3.

To achieve the expected search you want follw the below steps in seq :

1. Select Sub Field X1( Non Qualifier) in Box 1 and then select its lookup value.

2. Select Sub Field X2 (qualifier) in Box3 and then select its lookup value.

You will have your combination search results visible. To cross check the selection you have made, select 'Search Selections' tab and verify.

Regards,

Vinay