Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JARSigningException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing an upgrade from XI to PI 7.11

For XI I needed to install JRE 1.4.2.

For PI I needed to install a later version so I installed JRE6.

So both JRE's are running now.

The problem now is that I can't use both the integration builder of XI 3.0 and PI 7.11

PI is working allright now but in XI I face the following error when starting the integration builder:

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Could not verify signing in resource: http://spfsvs03.spfbeheer.local:54000/rep/repository/aii_ibrep_sbeans.jar

I've seen already some threads about it (with clearing the cache, adjusting the settings in JAVAWS etc).

The only solution so far that worked was to re-initialize and force sign-in in the administration.

I've done that on the test system but it is recommended to do that only on the test system so I don't want to do that on the production system beacuse I don't know what will happen.

Can anybody help me. What is wrong and how can I solve it.

kind regards

Maarten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found this in a forum:

From your local system - control panel - java - in temporary internet files - click view

Then a popup window opens

select resources

select all and remove them all

then again try to open IR or ID from IBuilder homepage

if still this issue is there, then from IBuilder homepage, go to administration and in Repository tab go to JAVA WebStart and click on execute button to reinitialize it

Then try to open IR or ID again.

Regards,

lpbuff

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already deleted the temporary files. In the development environment I used the option to re-initialize and force sign-in.

But it is recommended to do this only on the development environment. So that's the reason why I tried to avoid this option.

What are the consequences of using re-initiliaze and force sign-in. Can it do any harm? Does it only affects the PC you're working on (locally) or is it a action that is executed globally. I don't want to take any risks with that.

kind regards

Maarten

0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

There're a now issues in using that option, also in PROD systems we had

no known issues doing that, so you may use that as your solution

It'll reallocate the .jar files in order to start the tools (Directory and Repository).

Please, if helped, points for this. Otherwise let us know the further questions.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

0 Kudos

Hi,

To solve that:

From Control Panel, go to Java -> General tab, Temporary Internet Files

-> View... -> Delete all the content there.

Then go to:

> Integration buider page http://<host>:<port>/rep

> Administration

> Tab - Directory (Repository as well)

> Java Web Start Administration

> Restore Archives and Generate New Signature

Regards,

Caio Cagnani