cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPR_PROJECT table - Version number field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On Cpro save, data gets updated into DPR_PROJECT table. But observed that no updates are happening in "Version number" column.

Thru SPRO configuration, project versions are enabled for this project type.

To update u201Cversion numberu201D, should we need to call and FM explicitly? Pls help.

Regards,

Beula

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beula,

I think you misunderstood the meaning of project "version".

A version is not an updated project. A version is a complete picture of your project.

Usually, there are:

- operational version: this is your project that you update in your daily job.

- snapshot versions: this is the pictures of your project that you take at some decision points during your project life.

Then, thanks to the snapshot comparison, you are able to compare your operational project (current data) with another version (historical data) of your project, in order to check if there are any deviation or major updates.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks you so much for your valuable inputs.

My requirement is, after role creation with required efforts in my project, i want to create a version (may be called base version/snapshot version) , then want to compare that base efforts with operation values(current efforts) during project execution time.

So how to create versions?

How do i create snapshot version?

Kindly help!

Regards,

Beula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Beula,

Activating "Versions" on the project type is definitely needed. It sounds like you covered this step.

You will also need to navigate to this part of SPRO:

Collaboration Projects -> Structure -> Define Permitted Version Numbers

We have one set up like this:

Input Template: VERS+++ (for version)

Text: Project - Versions: Snapshots

Vers. Type: Snapshot

Usage: Global

Archived: Not checked

BW: Not checked

We have found that using global snapshots and simulations means that the data can be extracted to BI. Local ones were not the last time we tried (even if BI is checked). That was the big difference for us. We also just found out that if "Archived" is checked then you can not delete a snapshot or simulation without first archiving the snapshot or simulation. We just unchecked this in our configuration so we can delete snapshots and simulations.

Then you will want to navigate to the "Versions" part of cProjects. You will want to make sure the dropdown for Version Type is "Snapshot." Click the "Version Management" button. Here you create versions that correspond to the input template you just created in the configuration. You need to create a released snapshot version that can be used by the project to take the snapshot. So click "Create" and fill out the fields making sure to check "Released" and make the "Valid to:" date as long as you need it. I make all of mine valid to 12/31/9999 for now. Transfer and save this.

When you go to your project now you will want to click on the "Project Versions" tab. You'll then want to make sure you are on the snapshots tab. You can create a snapshot using the version that you created in version management.

Hope this helps!

Wendy Miller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy Miller,

Thank you so much for your help. I am able to proceed with versions in my project. Thank you once again!

Regards,

Beula