cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO$Exception:(104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE:Field selection PTNF not defin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to test the RFC interface in PI XD2 to ECC_210 and I am getting the below exception in communication channel.

When I test the RFC FM manually in XI, it works but when I automate the interface, I get the below error.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling Function Module in remote system (RfcClient[CC_Generic_RFC_Receiver_PO]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Field selection PTNF not defined

Can you please help?

I tried searching on Google and the form but did not find the same issue.

Regards

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

check wheater the Jco Server connection for the RFC Destination for XI is connected or not .

Goto SM59 -> TCP/IP Connections -> AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER .....

Kindly check ...!

Regards,

Aziz khan ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the RFC destination as given and it is working.

This is why another interface which is already in production when i tested is working fine but is still not showing any message in message monitoring in target ECC system but no error in channel.

I am using teh same RFC generic receiver channel in this new interface as well and calling the RFC FM but this is one is going into error.

I am not sure where to look and I am getting panicked now.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you checked the inbound queue . using Tcode SMQ2 . there are chances that queue might have been struck ...

Regards,

Aziz khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

i have checked and there is nothing.

How am i going to colve this now?

I am due to complete this by Monday morning.

Regards,

Archana

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

>Field selection PTNF not defined

This is a hint that the FM was called with wrong parameter. Do you have any parameter field PTNF? Was the FMs signature may be changed? In that case it could be possible, that the meta data wasnt updated. Restart (reactivate) the Channel.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

There is no parameter anywhere with teh name PTNF.

I have tried to create everything from the scratch again - copied the FM into a new name, imported into XI, created the mappings again, created the configuration scenario with new channels and agreements but still the error is there.

Can i do the same in a proxy?

I will receive an intrenal table that i need to process for various transactions?

Please advice.

Regards,

Archana

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Issue seems to be a problem in parameters passed while calling , please check once again.

Edited by: Vikrant Kaushik on Aug 20, 2010 1:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

This is the part that I am not able to get.

There are no errors in SXMB_MONI both for the incoming payload into RFC and outgoing payload in PI as there is a successful message processing for ECC_210 system.

The error is getting thrown in channel processing log.

I cannot however see any message in ECC_210 as the message is not getting i nto RFC.

When i take the payload from SXMB_MONI and do teh test for mapping into RFC, there is no error.

How can i check if there is an error?

I treid running another interface with the RFC adapter and that ran OK - no error.

However that also did not produce a message in ECC even though it was successfully processed.

Please advice.

Regards,

Archana