cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new application in portal for MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

We have added new application for ESS via Launchpad. But how do we add new application for MSS in portal? Still with Launchpad or others?

Thanks a lot,

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

There are two different ways to create an MSS iview in portal.

1. Create directly WebDynrpo iview in portal and assign the iview to the role.

2. In the Launch pad, navigate to PTARQ(tcode)->Home page customizing->Areas->Define Areas

There create an entry

Pls. revert for further clarification.

Regards,

Amarnath S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your explain and reminder, I will close this thread.

Hi Amarnath,

Thanks a lot for your useful reply !

Regards,

Anne

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

It really depends on how your portal is set up. And there are 101 ways this could have been done.

I've used the Home Page Framework as an easy to define and extend framework to show applications. I've used it both for ESS and MSS, Using the HPF requires that an application has an iView in the portal.

The main point to be made here is that this is not a Web Dynpro ABAP specific question - but rather one about MSS portal implementation - you would probably be better posting a question in either one of the ESS/MSS or Portal forums.

As it is not a WDA specific question, I'd ask that you kindly close this thread and reopen in another forum.

Thanks for your understanding, it would be nice to be able to answer all questions in all forums (perhaps with some sort of tagging system) but currently forum rules are that questions must be specific to the forum posted.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Thanks a lot for your reply, but I still confuse.

When we add a new WD abap application for ESS, we only need maintain the Launchpad. We need not create a iview for it due to

there is a ESS for WD abap role in portal. But for MSS, we need create a iview for it? Or in porta, there is a role for MSS WD abap?

Best regards,

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

If it is standard application, no need of creating any new iview in portal. but if it is a new application, need to create an iview manually in portal.

Regards,

Amarnath S