cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create one PDF consisting of Multiple one page PDFs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i created an Adobe Form for the CRM activity type task.

Now the user is able to print his task or to save it as PDF which is fine.

But if a user has a list of tasks the requirement is to create one big pdf document where for each entry of the table the PDF task is attached.

The interface of my ADOBE Form has as input parameter the CRMT_OBJECT_ID, which is one single task.

Could one of you experts please provide me the steps to create one big document for a table of CRMT_OBJECT_IDs? If possible without changing the adobe form and the interface.

Thank you

Kind regards

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope this one could help:

also check the blog, mentioned in the thread, even it is not detailed enough, it should help you get the idea.

you also need to change the interface, so you pass a table type based on this structure.

ask about details, in case of any troubles,

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

could you please let me know the link of your blog. I haven´t found the blog yet.

Thank you

Kind regards

Manfred

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the blog: How to deal with SAP-standard Adobe forms

/people/otto.gold/blog/2010/05/06/how-to-deal-with-sap-standard-adobe-forms

but now I wonder if that is so relevant to your problem as I though before. You said it you created the form, so you can change it in any way. The blog explains where and how to change the part of the coding and form design,but since your form is not standard SAP, you don´t need mostof the explanations.

Back to your question: In my opinion you cannot use the same form template to create a "big form". You need to embed all the data from interface into a single structure, use it as a row of a table, pass a table of the objects into the interface and enhance all the binding within the form. You also need to embed all your current form design in a subform for "table of data" and "one row", because all your form content means "we are fields of the single row of the table".

Seems easy for me, but I am afraid it is not that easy to describe it and I don´t know anything about your prior Adobe forms experience.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand it right you would like to create one PDF document which is a combination of multiple PDF's.

Java iText library has API's to merge PDf documents. So you could probably write a web service in Java that mergees multiple PDF's and returns back one PDF document.

Have a look at http://itextpdf.com/ for more details of the Java API.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

you wrote:

"You also need to embed all your current form design in a subform for "table of data" and "one row", because all your form content means "we are fields of the single row of the table"."

i haven´t found this setting at the subform.

Please give me a hind.

Thank you

Kind regards

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Create a main form, with as many subforms as you need inside.

2) Bind the main form to the line of your data table, and, very important, check the box "Subform for each element" (same tabstrip), with a min of 1.

3) Set the "content" property (subfom tabstrip) of the main form to "Distributed".

4) Subforms are not binded to any variable, and their "content" property is set to "Position"

Note : I translated properties and their values from french. Hope translation is correct.

Answers (0)