cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ITEM CATEOGRY AVAILABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am configuaring a new sales order type and while createin a sales order i am getting a error

"NO ITEM CATEGORY AVAILABLE"

can any body tell me what i have missed.

Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to assign item category from VOV4 t-code img activity regarding of your sales type. additionally, you should take item category group of material master into acount.

Regards,

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

0 Kudos

Hi

Determine Item Category- Assignment : Order Type+Item Category Group+Usage+Higher Level Item Category.

Regards

Niladri

0 Kudos

Follow these steps. I could solve that issue

1- go to IMG

2-

3- Make this entry

Try to make your sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

item cateogry configuration was missing , thats why error is coming.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

You need to assign the sales document type to the item category.

s.doc>item cat.grp>usage>High lvl itm cat>Default item category

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the item categories determination in the following path and process

IMG>SD>sales>sales documents>sales document item-->assign item categories

Item category is determined by -

Sales document type +item category group +usage + higher level item category = default item category

-

The item category controls what the item does in the sales doc & in any later processing for that business transaction. It controls the sales doc & affects the schedule line category.

The system uses an item category to process a material differently in each sales doc type: in inquiry, the standard item is priced but not relevant for delivery. For the free of charge item, no pricing & no delivery. But in sales order both the items are relevant for delivery and pricing is carried out for the standard item.

As you know item category is determined by the conbination of Sales Doc type, Item category group maintained in material master, usage and higher level item category.

In VOV4 all these four are assigned and the item category is determined at order level..

In VOV4 click on the position and you cvan enter any of the four and check. Eg enter Sales doc type as OR and the system will give you the combinations related to OR. Similarly you can try all the combinations.

BR

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member588542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pls use VOV4 to assign your Item category