cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS Budg - Availability Control for projects categorized by project type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have categorized projects based upon Project Type. There are some 20 types created. I know that project type is usually created to categorize as Capital or Overhead etc. This was required because of Budgetary requirements - there could be some 500 projects created for each project type and Budgets are maintained against each of them, only at the highest level. Budgets are not maintained Project wise - but category wise. Client will not go for Investment Management so Investment Programs cannot be implemented.

1 I have reserved one project in each of the project type for entering Plan/Budget values. The actual values will continue to flow to projects/WBS created in each of the Project type. How will be Availability Control work for each Project Type, when WBS are grouped together ?

2 Is there any other way to Group WBS elements say through CJSG which is largely used for MRP material groups, and will Availability control work?

3 What are the other ways to group project/WBS for which Availability Control will work for group of WBS?

Appreciate your quick response on this.

Regards and thanks,

Pranay Sahay

Pittsburgh PA USA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create one budget profie for each project type and configure the tolerance limt. So that you can have different availability control for Project Type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said earlier that IM cannot be implemented - that decision has already been taken. For, now I have designed user exit to compare Released Budget values when PO is being entered with WBS-AUC for capital projects.

But I would like to keep the question alive. I tried the following:

Separate Budget profile was created and assigned to Project profile

Grouping WBS elements by CJSG and index was generated

Activated Av Control - CJBV

Reconstructed Av Control - CJBN

Availability Control does not activate for objects where Released Budget values do not exist.

If you can help, where and how can I extend the logic of Availability Control to Project type instead of individual projects.

Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Pranay Sahay

Pittsburgh PA USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure how feasible the below solution would be, considering that you have already created the projects.

Why not create one project in the system per each project type. Every new endeavour (real project) to be a WBS hierarchy at first level? Hence you will have all the different projects grouped under one project in the system and will ensure you have avialability control for each project type which is controlled through your project type specific budget profile.

I am not sure if something can work by grouping WBS elements...

Thanks,

Nithin.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Availability control for projects based on Proejct Type is not supported by standard SAP. You need to persure your client that readymade solution is available that should be used with bare minimum IM functionality rather than going for any comples custom development.

With Regards

Nitin P.