cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discount limited to stock lasts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,I have a scenario for my client ,to be mapped into SAP,the client is US based and into automation pdt,they have come up with a new pdt for which they want,to give discount to specific number of customer,i mean not customer specific,but material specific.

But the discount on material -will remain till the stock say 100 qty lasts,once that is finished,the 101th quantity will have a different percentage of discount or no discount at all.

To put it more forward-The discount is for sayfirst 100 sales order or customers or first 100 qty(serially) of the material.

How is it possible in SAP SD,also do let me know apart from sd,what all other settings have to be done in the system to make it happen.

I hope i have,been able to put the issue correctly,also this is to inform that i 've already searched the forum but have not got the answer.

Feel free to revert back to me if,u have any problem related to the understanding of the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Anshuman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First you need to activate condition update check box by going overview screen (V/06) for that particular condition type which you want to give discount.

Then create condition record and click on 'Go to' additional data screen where you can enter first 100 orders or total qty or total orders.

Regards

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jagan.

Thanks for your answer,it was guiding,but the problem remains unsolved,because when i reach the prescribed screen.

First i tick the condition update tab in the detail screen of the condition type,

then i proceed to specify any of the following, maximum quantity.maximum value,maximum sales order..as specified by you and following the path mentioned in special condition record function link below

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/93/7433bb546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

i am confused as i do not find any place where i could specify the above mentioned values.

What i found is validity date, Assignments ,Assignments for retail promotion

and payment..which further has Terms of payment.fixed value date,and additional value days

please guide me in this regard that,what more has to be done so that the specific tab..or place appears where i can put the much needed value.

Thanks and regards,

Anshuman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot the issue is resolved the selection of the update group even in k004 results in the required tab page to appear .

Thanks a lot,

Anshuman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should go to VK12 for your discount condition records. in that screen, you can give some limits from Goto >>>Additional data >>>> limits for pricing field "max number of orders-ANZAUF" or "max cond. base value-MXKBAS" . but max condition base value provides you to limit the discount condition records up to maximum cumulative quantity,volume, or weight used for material.

You need user exits for pricing procedure by creating a routine If you deactivate your discount condition for the last 100 quantity in the stock.

I hope these are very helpful for you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,thanks for your response,I get the sepecified screen when i go to k007 discount type,that is which is division and customer specific,but not in k004..which is plain material discount.I have to bring in the functonality,without customer specific

thanks and regards,

Anshuman

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Arun says, the better option is a VOFM subroutine 'Reqt' in pricing procedure (if it's true, ie: it's in the last 100 units, then sy-subrc = 0 and the discount works). Set the limit stock for these materials in a Z-table that you can update with SM30.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pls elaborate what will be the functional specification regarding this,to be given to the ABAPER.

Thanks and regards,

Anshuman

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With VOFM create the subrutine. Perhaps by performance reason, the better is pass the quantity of stock in the enhancement of KOMP with userexit_pricing_prepare_tkomp in report MV45AFZZ. For this use a ZZfield and read in MARD or MBEW the level of stock. So, in VOFM, you can read this quantity, define the algorithm, if it is true, then sy-subrc = 0 and the discount works, if no, sy-subrc = 4. Search in others subrutines to get samples how to do it.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

A)

Please create a discount condition and maintain its records.

Write a routine for condition value with the help of ABAP team member, which can check the stock available at that time and modify the condition value as per your requirement.

But you have to take care in the following conditions:

1. What will happen if user updates the pricing in VA42 or VA02. At that time stock may be different if some sale document is cancelled or created after this sales document.

2. At the time of creating Billing Doc, what are the conditions in copy control. Again stock may be different at this time.

B)

Other than above, why don't you ask your client to block the qty- 100nos..

C)

Else create a new material code and transfer the qty. other than 100 to new material code. Create condition records for this new material code.

Hope something shall click.

Regards

Arun