cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt related to copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a conceptual doubt related to cpoy control.

In the copy control from Billing Document ( F2) to sales document( DR--Debit Memo Request) I have maintained the following copy control for Item Category TAN.

Item category in source document: TAN

Item categoryProposal in Target Document: G2N though it should be L2N

However when I am creating the target document i.e. Debit Memo Request with reference of billing document ( F2) I am getting the item category proposed as L2N and not G2N..Why is the item category proposed not G2N as per copy control. This is my question??

Thanx in advance.

Jayant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy controls are used to copy the header , item related data like pricing, material code, values, qty etc,... .

But Item category determines based on item category determination document type+ item cat group+ usage+H.level item category. You have to understand the basics of these both functionality.

Regards

Jagan

Edited by: Jagan Mohan on Aug 20, 2010 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

According to you the Item Category Determination in the target document happens according to the Item category Determination. In that case what is the role of the field "Item category Proposal" in the copy control section.

If you just press F1 on this field in the help you will see that it is written that the value of this field is used incase you dont want Item category determination to happen in the target document. If Item category is going to be determined by VOV4 then according to me there is no role of this field in copy control.

Please address this query.

Thanks

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestions on the query posted. Please give your inputs. Its a conceptual doubt..

Thanks

jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Some inputs on the query above would be appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayant ,

System considers the Item category proposed in the Copy control for the Target document.

At the same time , the proposed Item category also must be in the assignment in VOV4.

If no Item category is proposed in the copy control, then system goes for the assignment in VOV4 and takes the default Item category.

To make it clear I will explain with example which you can check.

Suppose, you want to create a "Credit Memo Request (CR)" with reference to Billing document (F2). A copy control relation exist for this pair (VTAF).

In VTAF, go to item level by choosing item category TAN.

You will find here item category G2N has been proposed for the Target document CR for a normal item. Only proposing here an Item category is not sufficient, there must be an assignment also in VOV4.

In VOV4, you will find the assignment,

CR(Sales doc type) + NORM(Item cat grp) -

> G2N.

That is why system is taking this Item category G2N in the Credit Memo Request. If there will not be any assignment like above then system will give you error even if you have proposed G2N in the copy control.

Next, in the above assignment, you will find alternative item category G2W beside G2N in the assignment.

If you will propose G2W in the copy control instead of G2N, then system will consider G2W.

Hope, it is clear.

Regards

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your item category determination in VOV4. For the debit memo request document type (DR), it would have been maintained as L2N.

Thats is the reason why it is automatically proposed in your document.

Regards

Vijay

Edited by: B. Vijayakrishna on Aug 20, 2010 10:35 AM