cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have 2 views in a component , say v1 and v2.

I have a file upload UI element in V1 and a button to navigate to V2.

In V2 I have a button to navigate back to V1.

In the file Upload element , I browse a file path and click on next to goto V2 , the data of the file selected is set to context and is working fine.

But the problem is when I come back from V2 to V1 , the data exists in the context but the path of the file browsed is lost or removed from File Upload UI element.

Is this the standard behavoiur of File upload or am I going wrong somewhere.

Please suggest me a solution for the problem . I want the selected file path to be there when I return to V1.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you bound the filename property of the UI element to a context attribute? Is that attribute getting cleared down?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The filename is also bound to a context attribute and it is not getting cleared.

In the UI element the selected path is getting cleared of.

Thanks,

Aditya.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange!

have you tried using a different browser and seeing if the behaviour is the same - as the FileUpload UI element is very browser specific...

in the help for the UI element:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

> Technical Browser Details Beyond the Control of WDA

> Due to browser restrictions that are unrelated to Web Dynpro ABAP, the previously entered data path might disappear when a FileUpload UI element is clicked.

Seems like it might be a browser issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I did read through this and did notice the browser specificness of the UI element.

So u think , that is the reason for that?

I havent tried in a different browser actually.

Thanks,

Aditya.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd guess that it is the browser implementation that is clearing the field. Reloading the view would probably have a similar impact as clicking on the UI element.

If the context attribute is still populated - I guess you could just display that somewhere - not ideal though....

Possibly you could clear down the selection after every upload - so the only time the path appears is just before the upload is executed... seems like the UI element isn't going to do what you want - so you might have to redesign the process/user expectations to match the behaviour!

Good luck,

Chris