Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Authorization problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please help me.

I am getting below error:

Subselection (Technical SUBNR) 1

Supplementation of Selection for Aggregated Characteristics

Check Added for Aggregation Authorization: PRIMAP02__PRITEM

Authorizations missing for aggregation (":")

Char. 1

PRIMAP02__PRITEM Empt

I have given aggregation authorization for the characteristic PRIMAP02__PRITEM in one of the analysis auth obj. and when I run I still get the same error. Could you please help me in resolving this.

I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Raj

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you given the authorization for the required aggregation in RSECADMIN analysis authorizations???

If the issue is not resolved try to find out what is missing by performing analysis using RSECADMIN and Execute as the user xxxxxx with log and Start the transaction. If you see the log you will get some clue.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

If any auth relevant characterisitc such as "PRIMAP02__PRITEM " is present in the cube .Even though it is not part of the query

for which you are facing the "No authorization Error".Program checks for the aggregation access so inorder to provide access you need to have anlysis authorization in place which provied access to your characterstic PRIMAP02__PRITEM with aggregation authorization and add it in th user's role.That should solve the problem

Please get back for further help

Regards

Santosh Varada

0 Kudos

Please trace it

0 Kudos

Trace will not work for BI anaylusis authorization results .

we will have to go through transaction RSECADMIN.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I have an authorization problem I try if 0BI_ALL works. If it does I take the analyses object and give it a * , then you are sure it is an authorization problem if those things work. Working with BI 7.0 and higher go to the error log in rsecadmin it gives a yellow line if it is realy an authorization error, look in the details of the selections on the log, there should be your answer.

have fun

Bye

Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Thank you guys, for your replies.

The issue has been resolved. Actually the log says : is missing. After some digging into the issue found that wrong infoprovider has been given in an analysis auth obj.

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it.

Raj

0 Kudos

Thank you guys, for your replies.

The issue has been resolved. Actually the log says : is missing. After some digging into the issue found that wrong infoprovider has been given in an analysis auth obj.

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it.

Raj