cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Web Dynpro User Personal Setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to access the Personal Settings of a Web Dynpro display programmatically to determinewhat columns the user has selected to display, what the sort order is active, etc. This a standard abap table bound to a context node, not an ALV (oh my life would be so much simpler if an ALV could be used).

I need this information to be able to expor the data in the table in a reasonable respresentation of what the user sees on the screen.

My thanks in advance, George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>what the sort order is active,

Sort order isn't sorted in personalization/configuration for a normal table. Just column order and if columns have been hidden.

WDY_CONF_USER is the database table that contains the user specific configuration IDs for each component (if user configuration has been made).

WDY_CONFIG_DATA has the configuration information itself - but it is stored as a binary XML document. So you are going to have to parse and process the XML document to get the actual configuration information out of it.

None of this is really exposed via a public API, however. You can look at class CL_WDR_CONFIG_BASE (and its sub classes). They might help. But once again, this class isn't a public API so it isn't really designed for customer access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

sorry this is not related to the question but there's a Webdynpro component that if we run it in SE80 we can see which user has personal configuration, do you know the name of that WebDynpro Component?

thanks!

Jason PV

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Thomas,

>

> sorry this is not related to the question but there's a Webdynpro component that if we run it in SE80 we can see which user has personal configuration, do you know the name of that WebDynpro Component?

>

> thanks!

>

> Jason PV

Yes wd_analyze_config_user