cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Price After Discount Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 8.8 it's not possible to edit the price after discount field.

It appears that this functionality was removed wither in 2007A or 8.8

Earlier databases created with 2005 seem to retain the ability to edit this field in marketing documents.

Anyone know of a means wherby this can be made available for 8.8 users?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

We are on SBO 8.8 SP:0 PL:12 and we CAN edit the "Price after Discount" field!! The Discount % changes accordingly. Even in 2007 SP 1 PL 5 we can do it. Maybe check the user authorisations, if not super user and go to Form Settings and check if "Active" is ticked.

Kind regards

Carin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

If they enter the PAD first then the Quantity, they will not have to calculated the row total, it will calculate once the Qty is updated. Maybe changing the order of the fields with their Form Settings would facilitate this (move Qty field after PAD).

Heather

@Carin: we are on 2007A SP01 PL7 and in Form Settings, the 'Active' field for PAD locked/grayed out so we cannot touch the field. I'm a superuser so it's not an authorization issue. If this has been changed in 8.8, that's great news.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carin

I'm using the same 8.8 version as you and am logged in as a superuser but my field is still not editable.

My 2007 SP01 PL09 system has got the field editable although this system has been upgraded from 2005 which could possibly explain this.

On both my 2007 and 8.8 systems I don't have the "Calculate the row Total using the Unit Price" in System Initialization > Document Settings > General Tab

Was your 8.8 a brand new install or an upgrade from a previous version?

Kind regards

Hayden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hayden,

We also upgraded from 2007.

When going to Form Settings, ARE YOU SURE that the "Active" block, next to the "Price after Discount" field is ticked? By default it is not ticked and you will have to do it manually though. If the active field is not ticked, you will NOT be able to edit the field.

Kind regards

Carin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

You may check these:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

Our workaround, because we do want to show a discount was given (not override the Unit Price/price list amount), is to update the Row Total field with the discounted amount - with Qty at 1 - which will update the Price After Discount. Then update the Qty field if need be; the PAD field will still have the discounted amount.

Hopefully this will be changed back so PAD field is editable.

Heather

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have suggested that to the customer but because the line items can have large "units" numbers they don't want to have to do the math and change the TOTAL

The formatted search route seems to be the best choice we can make.