cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPPR (Collective processing of Purchase Requisition) in SRM7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Which role does have the option 'CPPR' (collective processing of Purchase Requisition)? Why we need it when we have the BAdi 'ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST' in plan driven procurement for automatic transfer of requirements to Sourcing cocopit in SRM system?

Is it a way to transfer the requirements in the backend system to the SRM system manually from the Portal itself? Can I take it as a replacement of the SRM 5.0 report 'BBP_EXT_REQ_TRANSFER'?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you need harmonized Operational buyer role. CPPR functionality is to directly transfer backend purchase requisitions manually into SRM. This is another way of pulling PRs into SRM. Badi will just send PRs automatically based on the logic mentioned.

There would be some cases where buyer decides to create an RFx for particulat PRs that does not satisfy Badi logic. In that scenario buyer just use CPPR functionality for further actions in SRM. Or take another example where company does not want to transfer requirements automaticaly to SRM then PDP is not required and buyers would use CPPR function for sourcing activities.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Thanks for the explanation. one doubt still remains. To transfer the purchase request items from ERP system to SRM central purchasing system using CPPR, do we need to define the sourcing strategy for the items in SRM system (SPRO->Sourcing->define sourcing for categories)? What would happen if no sourcing strategy is defined for the items?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjan,

I guess you still need sourcing activated. When you transfer PR to SRM, system thinks it is for external sourcing and Sourcing Rel Ind field get set. In that case Sourcing should be active in SRM otherwise you would get error message.

Try without activating sourcing and see what happens.

Regards,

Jagadish