Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN task long text

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have problem with QN long text. There is one end user, who is doing quality day to day transaction. No he is using QM02/ QM03 since he joined company, but recentally when he go to QM03 -in his local system-> task long text then instead of actual test he is seeing number like 123...If he log QM03 in someone else system and go to check QN task long text then no problem. He can see as entered.

Now I can see actual QN task long text in my system as entered but if I login in his system & check QN task long text then see - number only like 123....We can understand that problem with his local system not with SAP but we are not able to figure out what support file ismissing in his system.....We refresh SAP GUI in his system but still getting problem in QN task long text..

Other than QN task long text he is getting all long text in SAP as well local correctally but problem with QN task long text only.

I would be wonder if some one has faced same issue in experiance.

Tom.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an interesting problem. I am assuming you are referring to the long text of the field "Description" - VIQMEL-QMTXT

The good news is that long text uses SAP-MS Office interface to directly display the text in Word format. There are lots of local dependencies.

Can you copy paste the entire text that the user gets? Also, do you receive any warning or info message on the status bar? Did you check the local options from the menu by going to "Goto->Configure editor" in the long text display screen? Also, check if some GuiXT code is running in the background for this user? Any GuiXT code can cause local PC behavior to be different from other PCs.

Also, ensure that the user has complete authorisations for the given t-code. If user is able to access the text from other PC with his own signon, then authorization could not be an issue

Thanks

Anil

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Same user was able to see long text couple of weeks ago in his own system, but now he is getting this kind of error.

If he logon someone else system with his i-d & pass then he is able to see long text. If some one else try to login in his system then different person also getting same error.

Tom.