cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing External Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where I have to extract data from MS-Access.

I'm developing a Web Dynpro ABAP component.

I looking for help in writing query for data extraction. I have no idea of extracting data form MS-Access.

Have worked on BAPI and SAP tables to extract data but not in MS-Access.

Can anyone help me out to pull data from MS-Access and use those data in web dynpro ABAP

Thanks in advance,

suba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you might need to consider using the AcfExecute functionality - and write a simple Visual Basic application to extract the data from Access and put it in a file which you can then upload using AcfUpDownload.

As far as I am aware there is no standard functionality available to parse MS Access DB files.

One would also pause to think - you are using SAP, an enterprise strength ERP system - why are you trying to integrate into MS Access - which is pretty much at the other end of the scale. Rebuild the Access application in SAP - it will probably be easier!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the standard ABAP program "RIACCESS".

Before using the program "RIACCESS", you need to install the PS utilities, which are part of SAPGUI install CD.

It is available in the "\SAPGUI\PS directory".

Then do the followings :

1. Select transaction code SALE -> Systems in network-> Define RFC Destination.

2. You will need two RFC destinations (TCP/IP connections for the front-end workstation).

Setup the two RFC destinations PS_ACCESS_1 and PS_ACCESS_2 and you'll have to get them to point to

wdpsastr.exe and wdpsatab.exe respectively.

3. Then execute RIACCESS and choose PS_ACCESS_1 to generate access tables.

The system must also be able to access the RFC-DLL files (librfc2.dll, librfc3.dll, librfc4.dll, librfc5.dll, librfc6.dll, vrfc.dll).

Please note that Access only supports tables with up to 255 fields

please check this forum for related issue.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure, but it sounds extremely likely to me that this approach is going to require GUI functionality... (accessing DLLs etc...)

It may not work in the WDA scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suba,

This has nothing to do with WebDynpro. Please post your question in another forum (maybe ABAP Development > Data access ?), more likely to get an answer there.

Regards,

George