cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our users have asked if there is any way to create a "junior admin" type authorization. They have team leads with write access that would like additional access to just certain fields instead of having to contact someone with admin authorization (our project mangers). The project managers are okay with this with some restrictions. So the users have asked if there is a way to create an additional level of authorization between admin and write ("junior admin") so that specific users can have a little more access to change some fields, but not the full access that admin provides.

What are your thoughts? Would something like this be possible? What parts would be needed to achieve this - configuration and custom development?

Thank you!

Wendy Miller

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Did you try to update your field control for these fields, and change the authorization level from "admin" to "write" only?

This should solve your issue.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

Did something change? I thought that we were only allowed to increase authorization, not decrease. So for example, I can take a field that is normally set up with write access and change it to require admin access to make changes, but I can't take something that starts out as admin and reduce the authorization required to write.

We've been looking at wanting to change the authorizations for the last two years but didn't think we were allowed to take something that is admin and bump it down to write.

Thank you,

Wendy