cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the title of a default view in ALV

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the title of the default view in ALV views dropdown list box? If yes, how?

Thanks and best regards,

Wenwen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand your question:

you want to change the title of WHAT?

- ALV table?

- ALV Column?

- Dropdowns inside ALV?

- The VIEW?

can you be more clear of what you want to achieve?

thanks!

Jason PV

0 Kudos

Hi,

In alv toolbar, the first function is the "view function" (I am not sure how to call it). And I want to change the item name(within the dropdownlist box) from "Standard view" to my own. I hope I clarify my question...

Thanks and best regards,

Wenwen

Edited by: Wenwen Xu on Aug 20, 2010 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wenwen,

View Function dropdown "standard view" is just making the ALV to display the ALV standard configuration (so it will display the ALV the way is designed).

now if you want to change that to your OWN VIEW you just need to click in the SETTINGS (ALV TOOLBAR at the right end) and then configure your ALV the way you want to be display. After that click SAVE AS and you can name the VIEW to your own and also you can click INITIAL VIEW checkbox in order to display always that for youl.

Please note that this is a user base personification so this will be only available for you.

if you want to have your own view for every user then you need to enhanced the ALV in a POST-EXIT method and do not allowed user personification.

you can disable user personification at the application level in the parameters tab.

hope this help!

Jason PV

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks a lot for your answer. Your solution about if you want to have your own view for every user then you need to enhanced the ALV in a POST-EXIT method and do not allowed user personification is actually very interesting and I will have a look at in it. For my original question I think it is just not possible to delete the "Standard view" and is not possible to change the title from "Standard view" to my own.