SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Open Items, Instalment Plans and Dunning Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are implementing SAP IS-U for a water suplly company and we have a process in which an Installation is transferred from a Business Partner to another. For this we are using the Move-in / Move-Out functionality (trx EC60).

So far, so good. The problem is that we also should transfer also the Open Items, Instalment Plans and Dunning level to the new Business Partner and new Contract Account.

The questions is: can we transfer these automatically?

We thought in different scenarios in case this is not possible, so I would appreciate if you can give us an opinion:

1 - Use FP40 transaction and transfer FICA elements manually

2 - Create a FOP process to perform step by step the process from CIC0. The only problem I have found is that there is not any object that allows me to transfer the open items. Does it exist? If not, this option is not valid

3 - Use the "Change CUstomer" Functionality. Did you have any experience using this funcionalidty? The main issue I have with this is that the system generates a dummy invoice, the Move in Date is in the future, and the Account must be closed.

Please any information will be very helpful. Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,

Lucas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

With transaction FP40 you can't transfer active installment plans, you need to deactive them and then transfer the original positions.

Regards.

Cristóbal.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

You can transfer the open items and the dunning level manually to the new BP and CA through transaction code FP40.

You need to maintain the following configuration settings in the posting area 1055-

Curr-Currency of the Cocd

Clearing Reason-Clearing reason used for transfer

Document Type-Document Type used for Transfer

Only all items- blank

Credit-X

Transfer DL-X

Moreover, you cannot transfer Instalment Plans through FP40, as instalment plan items are statistical in nature.

Hope it clarifies.....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Cristobal/Amlam:

Thanks for your answer.....just an additional question. I was thinking on doing these tranfers through a FOP process...but I cannot find any suitable Object.

Do you konw if there is an Object and method I could use for this purpose?

Best Regards,

Lucas

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan/Lucas,

I saw your pose and answer for transfer of dunning level, and I need some help with the same. Basically my requirement is to transfer dunning information from one account to another account. Can we do that using FP40? My main aim is to do it programmatically, so that I will be able to transfer dunning information from more than one account to different destination accounts. Please let me know if its possible.

You can also answer above question at:

Thanks.