cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP connector configuration issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is mentioned in the Configuration guide that, the connector that is used for RAR (corresponds to a backend system) should be used for CUP aswell.

But, when i create a connector in webdynpro->content administration,

RAR is showing the connector name(s) in the following syntax (even though we create multiple connectors with different names under content administration for same backend system):

<message server name>_<system name>_<client number>

where as CUP is showing the connector name same as that of content administration.

now, my questions are

Q1) how to know which connector is being used by RAR out of multiple connectors defined under content administration, so that I can use the same for CUP also.

Q2) Do we need to select model connector or metadata connector for CUP?

Q3) Do we need to select VIRSAR3 connector or VIRSAXSR3 connector for CUP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't get confused between connector name in content admin and one refered to by CUP & RAR Config guide.

<<<< It is mentioned in the Configuration guide that, the connector that is used for RAR (corresponds to a backend system) should be used for CUP aswell.>>>>

the connector name refer is the the one which you create inside CONFIGURATION TAB of RAR & CUP.

it is called VSYSKEY in VIRSA_CC_SYSTEMC table.

both the name should be exactly same (case sensitive....... maya be......)

best is that it should be same as SID or SIDCLNT

<<<<<<<Q2) Do we need to select model connector or metadata connector for CUP?>>>>>>>>

<<<<Q3) Do we need to select VIRSAR3 connector or VIRSAXSR3 connector for CUP?>>>>>

these are used for JCO connection. and JCO connection are used only by RAR.

when defining system inside Configuration tab of RAR you have option to select 'connection type'.

'connection type' can be Adaptive RFC , then you select JCO connection defined for that System in next drop down.

please refer to Config guide for RAR for more detail.

other option is 'SAP JCO' if you select this then you have can give all details of server , client, user id and password and create or defined system inside RAR (this is what is refered as connector by all config guides or CUP and RAR)

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't get confused by this. You should just create a new connector in CUP instead of using JCo destinations. Make sure that the connector name in CUP is exactly same as in System ID in RAR. Don't select the 'search' icon from CUP connector screen. Instead just fill in all the system details. As long as the names are exact same in CUP and RAR, you would not face any issues with the integration.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Is there any naming restrictions on the CUP connector names? We have this set up, and it's been working, but since we applied a service pack, one set of connectors seem to have become non functional (CUP won't save the connector details even if I enter them and it appears to have saved), and I'm guessing it has something to do with the naming convention.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to test the connection, when you change it or if its already there?

Thanks,

Chinmaya