cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language instalation in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to install the arabic language in one of our ecc6.0 system we need to know how much database space it would take and morever . After installation of ECC 6.0 we have applied 60 to 70 patches so how much space would be required for instaling the language in these patches.

Regards

Seenu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Seenu,

just complementing the information, please make sure you're installing the correct language package on your system as quite often we see problems related to the incorrect package imported.

(actually is very easy to get confused on which is the correct language package to be installed)

Here's a quick tip:

1) goto System --> Status menu;

2) check the 'Component version' field (like ECC 6.0, for example);

3) click on the 'Component information' icon just below the 'Component Version' field, it'll lead you to the SP levels of the componentes you have in your system;

4) take note of the components you have. For example: SAP_BASIS 700 14; SAP_ABA 15, SAP_BW 14, etc etc

5) now goto note #330104; search for the Component Version (from point #2) and find it (ECC 6.0 in our example); you'll see several information like the DVD's numbers, LANG1, LANG2, LANG3 and the included SPs for that specific version. Following our example (SAP_BASIS 700/14, SAP_ABA 700/15, SAP_BW 700/14) you'll see you're technically on ECC 6.0 SR3. So, for the Arabic language, you'll need DVD #51033496_2 and the correct language package will be SAPKLARM10.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seenu,

As Markus mentioned, the language import will not have much impact on the database growth. You may need a maximum of 5 GB space which,I blieve, you can manage with the existing free space available.

Anyways, you can have this question clarified by manipulating the DB size before and after importing the language in the DEV server.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to install the arabic language in one of our ecc6.0 system we need to know how much database space it would take and morever . After installation of ECC 6.0 we have applied 60 to 70 patches so how much space would be required for instaling the language in these patches.

Nobody will be able to tell you how much space the new language needs, all I can say is, that it won't be significant, depending on the database used maybe 2 - 5 GB, most likely less than that.

Consider the following:

- Your system must be a Unicode system for Arabic

- You have to import the language in client 000

- you have to import the language specific parts of the support packages (all SPs must be available on the filesystem)

- you have to substitute the non-translated parts

- you have to run a client refill when everthing is finished

Markus