cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with hover text in mandatory Input Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using VC 700.14. I am getting an issue with the hover text.

Scenario: When i move my cursor to any of the mandatory Input Fileds, the hover text appears there.

It is a drop down list. The data is selected from the backend which is ABAP.

The issue is that there is a spelling mistake in the hover text. I am unable to find it anywhere in the properties of the Input Fileds.

Please let me know where can i find this text so that i can edit it.

Thanks

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

You don't find it in the properties (of the Input Field) - Display tab - tool tips?

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

Thanks for your reply.

But it was not present there in the Control Properties->Display->Tooltip of the input field.

Richa

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

That's strange. It should be the place for the hover text of the UI. Was the model developed using another VC version?

Is it a dynamic expression? Can you check to see if there's anything entered in the 'Formula' button of the tooltip?

Is it a short static text? What happen if you re-enter it in the tooltip?

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

Thanks for the reply. Your answer was helpful.

The model was developed in 700.15. There was nothing entered in the formula of the tooltip.

But when i entered any expression, i was able to see the new tool tip only after selecting the data for that field. Before entering the data, the previous tool tip was only appearing.

I could not still find the previous tool tip.

Richa

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RIcha,

I guess it has something to do with backward compatibility. Can you see the tooltips of other UI elements?

How about trying to delete the UI completely, compile and add it back afterward?

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

I have deleted it once and again when i have added it, the same tooltip is coming.

This field is a required field and when i mark it required, the tooltip comes automatically without even enetering the tooltip in the the UI's tooltip.

There are no other tooltips in any of the UI elements. And all the UI elements are marked required.

Can this toltip come directly from the backend

Richa

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

I don't know if the tooltip can come from the backend although I don't think so.

My wild guess would be the model is, somehow, corrupted when brought from SPS15 to SPS14. Maybe you can export the model from the original version, edit the .gml file, change the version/build (at the top of the file), see if you can locate and fix the misspelled tooltip text and re-import it.

Dao