cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Adapter Engine of another XI system (Decentralised Adapter Engine)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to create a workaround for a specific problem, I'm investigating the possibility to attach the Adapter Engine of a second XI system to a productive XI system. The outcome should be that the productive XI system has access to two Adapter Engines: one central and one decentral.

1. is this possible at all?

2. if yes, can you provide some pointers on how to proceed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. is this possible at all?

No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply. I already didn't think it could be done. I'll look for another option.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not want to know, why this is not possible?

The central adapter is closely tied to the Integration Server during installation.

Is it an option for you to intall a decentral adapter engine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best option would be to upgrade the current productive system, which should solve the problem (which is a very, very rare problem). Setting up a decentral AE should only serve as a temporary workaround. If that could be done quickly, we should not have to start the upgrade immediately and could reserve more time for testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iddo,

Adding a "new" decentral adapter engine on a separate hardware to an existing central PI system is not that hard, but as Stephan said, you cannot do that with an adapter engine of a different full XI installation.

I assume you want to use the decentral adapter engine, while upgrading/patching the decentral one? One customer of mine does that kind of switching of scenarios regularly when applying patches to one of their adapter engines (set up central integration engine with one central and 2 decentral adapter engine). It's possible, but a little bumpy sometimes.

Anyway be aware that in case of an update/patch of the central integration server your decentral adapter engine cannot make any cache refreshes to any adapter engine.

Best regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there was a problem with EOIO queueing in one adapter engine, so I would try and use the QAS adapter engine for the time being and migrate the scenario to the new PI 7.1 system asap.

I have now moved the EOIO part of the scenario to the QAS system, so the problem is solved for the moment. The current system will be taken out of service in the next couple of months.

Answers (0)