cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help in finding view corresponding to application

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have an application for web dynpro component and there is a view corresponding to that application.

i am not able to find out that view. where is that view. and which component is it attached to. any help.

i have to make some changes in that view.

web dynpro application is HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_ESS

configuration name is HAP_START_PG_POW_ESS_AC

how can i find the view corresponding to these application adn configuration?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gyanendra,

I am also facing the same type of problem that I am not able to find out the view for the Appraisal screen for web dynpro application HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI. I have also gone through POWL_UI_COMP but not found anything.

Let me know in case u gone through this situation..

Thanks

Gary

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

you'd probably find some use looking through all the components in the PAOC_HAP_DOCUMENT_WD_UI package. You'll find the main document WDA application here. The POWL just serves as a nice way to launch the appraisal application.

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It has POWL in the name, so I'm guessing this is a POWL appliation. In POWL there is no custom component or view. Most of the design of the report is done via a Feeder Class.

What kind of changes do you want to perform on this application?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>It has POWL in the name, so I'm guessing this is a POWL appliation.

good guess Thomas! But only half right - The actual app is an FPM OIF which has a component that itself embeds a POWL (HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI ). This one POWL and the corresponding MSS one are probably the two most posted POWLs on SCN. I guess there there are a fair few companies out there now implementing the EhP4 version of performance management.

The feeder class used by this is CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL and the application Id for the POWL is OSA-POWL-ESS (you'll see some if statements that query this value (noticeably not defined as a constant anywhere!)

The MSS view uses the same feeder class - but a different application id.

Like the previous BSP based app, there isn't much in the way of explicit enhancement points for the ESS application. You can enhance the feeder class, but it certainly hasn't been designed to make this easy.

I'd suggest that first you read up on POWL, and think about how you could implement you changes to the view by enhancing the feeder class (or potentially just through administrator configuration/personalisation of the application) try out a few things, and then if you get stuck come back and ask again - explaining what you've tried and what it is you want to achieve.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Are you not able to find the component name of the application?

If this is the problem , you have the component name in the properties of WD4A application.Double click on application,

under the properties tab,you have the component name.

Using the component name , you can get the views of the application.

Hope it is helpful.

Thanks,

Aditya.