cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gATP Route Determination via the Condition Technique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts -

I am attempting to port our SD Transportation and Shipment Scheduling functionality to SAP APO gATP.

I have CIF'ed across the shipping points via the CIF as well as customers to establish both the shipping point and transportation zone location types (per the online help).

I have defined two basic condition tables - one that contains the shipping point and one that contains the route.

The two condition tables are mapped to the standard access sequence. Via /SAPCND/AU11, I have maintained durations for both the shipping point and the route.

When I perform a gATP check, I am getting a date offset between my MAD and GI dates (i.e. the shipping point duration is being read from APO). However, the only way I've gotten a route to calculate is by creating a transportation lane between the source plant and the customer. In other words, I cannot get the condition techique to work for the route duration.

What am I missing?? Here are my specific questions:

1) Where is the link between the (manual) APO route definition and the transportation zone in APO?

2) What is read in R/3 vs. APO when it comes to route determination?

3). Is it a requirement to have all of our customers and map transportation lanes per product (I hope not) to get a route duration

to work? Our transportation and shipment scheduling is pretty basic in ECC. We want it to remain basic and the idea of

defining transporation lanes between our plants and customers for lead times is daunting.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dennis,

To make the scheduling to work in GATP for the route determination, you need to workaround.

the reason is ,direct route determination functionality is not exists in APO , so you did exactly what needs to be done.

while you specify the condition technique, you have to specify which route it needs to be selected,based on what? but the value or duration needs to be taken care either from a TLANE or from some data records in local apo (like condition records )or read it from ECC via BAPI.(answer to your qtn:2&3)

for qtn:1 answer is there is no link.

but simple confition technique may result in offset like you specified,since due to problem like time zone and working calendar.

you can even make it work better if you work with CPS scheduling with GATP.that supports calendar,timezone etc,

refer the online help on CPS shceuling.

but definitely you can make it work in GATP scheduling on what you want with CPS.

Let me know if I miss something or need some additional info.

Kind regards,

sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all, let me tell you that i didn't work with transportation Zone so far.So can not really give you any info there.

But, What is exactly do you mean when you say condition technique doesn't work for route duration.

ATP scheduling is very simple & straight forward. it just takes the durations that you have defined for LOAD,PICK,PACK,UNLD & TRANS for the relevant feild catelogs and accordingly calculates MAD and rest. ( this what we doing in our business, by using shipping points).

So when you define condition for any shipping point if it works , it the same way that has to work for route.

You define hours ( duration) for feild route for relavant condition type and should work.

as far i know system doesn't calculate duration from transportation lanes even in the case of routes & transporttaion zones. And also route determination is something related to TP/VS but nothing got to do with ATP scheduling.

Best Regards,

Deepthi Naidu