cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center and G/L account search help not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing a problem with the search help button for cost assignment in Shop screen.

When I press the search button for cost center, there is no new screen coming up asking me the search criteria to be given as input. Same is the problem when I search for G/L accounts.

I have defined the backend RFC user as dialog user and also defined the RFC(dialog) in the SRM system for the backend RFC.

My user id has authorization object M_BBP_SHLP in my profile.

What may be the reason for this issue?

Note: I am currently using SRM5.0 system with backend R/3 4.7 version. This SRM system is already connected to another backend system ECC6.0, and the search help is working fine for those users.

Pls. guide me on how to resolve this issue.

Regds,

Ancy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same issue, havn't found a real solution. However cost center and G/L search does actually work when you go into the account assignment 'details' and search from there.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

In my case, even the detail display doesnot display any search help screen for cost center or g/l account.

Btw, I just confirmed with my Basis team. They have defined the RFC user as service user and not dialog user.

This user has been defined in the same way in ECC6.0 too, and there the search help is working. I wonder what is going wrong with the R/3 4.7 system?

Regds,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SAP Note 656633, and step 6. Make sure the user has the specific authorization mentioned.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

Check if you have the authorization to activity 'Call Input Help in Backend ' -BE_F4_HELP - should be checked for the authorization object BBP_FUNCT - SRM: General Access Authorizations'.

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Thanks for the valuable piece of info.

I have asked my Basis team to go through the same.

Will update this thread if it works out.

Regds,

Ancy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

Don't give wild search. Give some words following with * like "UK*" lists all the UK Cost centers. For the G/L accounts: G/L Accounts will get updated in the SC automatically depend upon the product category what you have selected.

Check the configuration Cross Application Basic settings->Account Assignment ->Define G/L Account for the product category.

If you have maintained the configuration for the paritcular G/L Account and Product cateogyr then when G/L Account is updated automatically in the SC (Depend upon this configuration)

Kind Regards

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for the info.

In my case, the search help screen itself doesnot pop-up, so the question of giving some search criteria doesnot occur.

Regarding g/l accounts, I have maintained that setting of prod cat>> g/l account, and the relevant g/l account does appear in the shopping cart. But, I am talking about the search help not working for g/l accounts.

Let me know if you have any solution to this problem.

Regds,

Ancy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

even binacular itself not working sor Ancy and tim

if he clicks binacular no action.

check BBP_BACKEND_DEST has dest and TECCLNT101 has same ECC logical system name.

as lavanya /surya suggestions also you should check

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Surya,

I checked with my Basis Team regarding the note mentioned by you and they say that the package mentioned in the SAP note is for a higher version. So, they had no other choice, but to convert the RFC user as a dialog user because with service user, the search help was not working.

So, now this problem is resolved.

Thanks again for all your inputs.

Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

See OSS note 1040976 to see if that helps.

Regards,

Scott

Edited by: Scott Reagan on Aug 19, 2010 3:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. But, this note is for SRM6.0 and higher versions. I am working on SRM5.0 currently.

Regds,

Ancy