Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check "5" with putaway strategy "P"

neeraj_chhibbar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I want to creat TO for TR for 500 qty & post to different 250 qty. with SUT (IP)in bin section A having & another 250qty with SUT (TK)in bin section B. I have maintain Pallatization date in WM2- for 2 SUT (50-Kg-IP) & (50-kg-TK) & capacity usage 50 WM1 view

(1kg=1pc)

Also maintain the customizing data ie, SUT check active, capacity check5,SUT mgmt active.,putaway strategy "P'

Maintained bin master for 3 bin with Max wt, total capacity, same storage bin type,

For putaway P, bin section , assing bin section to SU type .

but when I create TO, its taking correct storage type but not bin.showing " no destination storage bin found------"

its picking only one SUT (IP) and clubing all quanty in one SUT itself

let me know where i went wrong

neeraj

Edited by: Neeraj Chhibbar on Aug 19, 2010 11:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Inspection method 5 - check in accordance with SUT key figure

When you define the storage unit types, you can define a capacity consumption for each storage unit type. During putaway, the system then determines from the total capacity or the remaining capacity of the bin and from the capacity of the storage unit whether a putaway is possible. This inspection method is only useful if several storage units are allowed for each bin. Never use the inspection method 5 in conjunction with the putaway strategy I (addition to existing stock). An addition to existing stock would not generate a new storage unit, but add to an existing storage unit. The capacity consumption would not change in this case.

Please note that check 5 does not use the capacity check maintained of the material but of the storage unit type. You give the capacity in SUT , transaction OMM1.

Its a rather simple process, suppose you have a stroage type with SUT managed with capacity check 5 , 4 bin sections . Total capacity of the bin is said to be 100. SUT capacity assume IP is 30 and Bx1 is 25. This setting will allow only 3 IP (irrespective of the no of items in the pallet) and the max of 4 BX1 size boxes.

Only 3 IPs are allowed since the capacity of 4 IPs is 120 > than bin capacity by 20.

Regards

Edited by: Rajaneesh Marpalli on Aug 19, 2010 7:15 PM

neeraj_chhibbar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaneesh,

Thanks for ur input.

As per suggestion I did setting for SUT, it seems that if I mention more that one SUT in MMR eg, IP, TK,BX . While creating TO , system will propose only one SUT probably first line SUT in MMR. but u can change it if I want to use TK.....Is it right?

But, suppose qty is 100 out of which , I want to store 30 in IP ,50in TK & 20 in BX while creating TO . Is it possbile or not?

Becos system is taking only one SUT . Once capacity is full then its showing "no strorage bin found----" instead of taking another SUT.

just let me know the possiblity........

regds

neeraj

neeraj_chhibbar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaneesh,

Thanks for ur input.

As per suggestion I did setting for SUT, it seems that if I mention more that one SUT in MMR eg, IP, TK,BX . While creating TO , system will propose only one SUT probably first line SUT in MMR. but u can change it if I want to use TK.....Is it right?

But, suppose qty is 100 out of which , I want to store 30 in IP ,50in TK & 20 in BX while creating TO . Is it possbile or not?

Becos system is taking only one SUT . Once capacity is full then its showing "no strorage bin found----" instead of taking another SUT.

just let me know the possiblity........

regds

neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

1. Make sure you have maintained the sequence for all the SUT's in OMM1 as well as allowed bin sections for all those SUTu2019s. otherwise even though you maintain data for different SUT system will not recognize for search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use any SUT as you please as long as you have maintained appropriate settings for SUT check . For stock placement sarategy (P), there is a constraint however that you may have only one type of SUT, eg either BX1 or IP or any other but no combination .

Suppose you allow for 4 bin sections for both BX1 and IP. Either you may have 4 of BX1 or 4 of IP and no other combinations of both, P only.

About capacity check (5), as told earlier, it does not depend on whats inside the SUT rather whats the capacity of each SUT.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned bin type to storage unit type? Check this and try again.

Amit G