Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java: Find users with specific UME actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

On the Java UME it is easy to find out which roles, groups and actions a specific user has. The same applies for groups or roles - the connected entites can easily be found.

But how can I found out which users have a certain action? If I browse for the action I have not possibility to find the direct or indirect assignment to the users.

Could somebody assist? Thanks in advance!

Beat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem I faced yesterday for my SSO project on the portal:

My method to resolve was :

1. Take the user/users in scope Export them from UME

2. Export roles into a readable format and check out the actions by comparing the user - role - actions relationship in a TEXT file/readable file

3. pick the roles you want to edit , edit in notepad import the roles( here I copied and created a Zrole before importing )

for example ( NWDI.ARCHITECT ) to ( ZNWDI.ARCHITECT)

I could not find easier method than the above

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem I faced yesterday for my SSO project on the portal:

My method to resolve was :

1. Take the user/users in scope Export them from UME

2. Export roles into a readable format and check out the actions by comparing the user - role - actions relationship in a TEXT file/readable file

3. pick the roles you want to edit , edit in notepad import the roles( here I copied and created a Zrole before importing )

for example ( NWDI.ARCHITECT ) to ( ZNWDI.ARCHITECT)

I could not find easier method than the above

0 Kudos

Yes, this is also the way I am using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm - well - I had hoped that there is a better way than this. If somebody has an other solution I'm very happy.

But thanks for the input!

0 Kudos

An EP developer can help you by creating a simple query report, if you are going to need it very often. Otherwise as above said.

Regards,

Ajesh.