cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM exception handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a bpm with sync call to rfc, I check the values I received back from the rfc and if some conditions are not met I fail the mapping with a added abap mapping to add my own description to the failed message. Everything work fine but now the bpm fails in smq2 and the rest of the messages are stuck behind the failed message. Is there a way to avoid them failing in smq2 or extra steps I should add to the BPM?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thx for the reply

I dont have a transformation step. It's async sync bridge so I only have receive step(async) > send step(sync)> send step async?

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you do the mapping outside BPM?

Move it inside to be able to do error handling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thx for the reply

I dont have a transformation step. It's async sync bridge so I only have receive step(async) > send step(sync)> send step async?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is any error, BPM is bound to stuck.

But for the sake of convenience, you can put the steps of BPM in a block.

For that particular block you can have exception handling branch.

When the mapping error will occur, BPM will throw exception which will be caught by exception handling branch.

In that branch, you can define the steps you want to follow if the exception is thrown, you can cancel the process or even throw the alert for the monitoring purpose.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use a block with an exception branch and assign an exception value to your transformation step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Anyone know of a way to stop the bpm from failing in smq2 when a mapping error occurs? Any steps I can build in bpm or anything?

Regards