cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Success Message for Personal Data Screen in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While saving the Personal Data in the ESS I want to chage the Success message.When I check the DC , Message Class i am not able to find the the particular string.Can any one please guide how to find the Success Message String for this Personal Data Screen or Which BAPI I have to check .

Regards

Alexi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi iidhya ,

Please find the code below

public boolean onEvent( )

{

//@@begin onEvent()

String event = fpm.getEventData().getEventName();

if (event.equals(IFPM.EVENT_ADD)){

wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().setModeForCreate(selectedSubtype);

}else if(event.equals(IFPM.EVENT_EDIT)){

wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().setModeForEdit(wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().getSubtypevalue(selectedRecord));

}else if(event.equals(IFPM.EVENT_REMOVE)){

wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().setModeForDelete(wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().getSubtypevalue(selectedRecord));

}

return true;

//@@end

}

Regards

Alexi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The method you have found doesnt contain the save event. The event raised on clicking save button would be either

EVENT_SAVE or EVENT_REVIEW.

Try to find these events. There you will find a method being called like you have mentioned.

The FcPersInfoInterface is an interface from the ess/per. Go to the method called in the interface, there you will find the method called in the ess/per. There you can find which string is called.

I dont have NWDI installed in my system, so cant give you much info. Revert to me in case of problems.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the xlf files of the dc for the message key. Sometimes the message comes from xlf files of ess/per dc also. Check that one too.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Idhaya,

Checked the xlf files for this DC but not able to find the Messsage

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Did u check the dc ess/per? Check the language dependent xlf files too.

There would be a method onevent() in your view or component.. There check the code for saving and can you paste it over here?

Best Wishes

Idhaya R