cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cluster resource could not be found-SAP ECC on Windows Server 2008 MSCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm installing SAP ECC 6.0 on Windows server 2008 MSCS Cluster. As mentioned in the guide, i've created a service and added a resource.

I was able to successfully configure the DB installation and cluster configuration. But when I start the ASCS installation, the installation fails when it tries to create system folders with the following error.

Error when sharing file system export (share) saploc : The cluster resource could not be found

I'm using a user with domain admin access and also a member of the local administrators group. I've even tried to install using the domain administrator user but still the problem exists.

Can anyone please let me know where am I going wrong ?

NB: The host on which I'm installing is not a domain controller but it is a member of a domain.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It like issue is not around the Domain and user you used to login and its rights.

Problem seem to be cluster resource.

In Cluster Management --> Services and Applications --> select created service and check properties and see if dependencies are added correctly check if all status are "online" .

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, all the dependencies are set correctly and the resources are online. I've no clue about this issue

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

I certainly hope you did not manually share "saploc" or "sapmnt" unsual question.. but seen this happening

During ASCS installation did you select " Use domain of current user"

If these tow conditions are fine.. its most likely around cluster recources and file share creation.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Krishna,

I've not created any shared folders manually and I've used the "Use domain of current user" option.

Actually SAPINST has created the usr and sap folder in the SAP drive (say E: drive) which is a clustered disk. The name of that clustered sidk is "Clustered Disk 1". I could able to open up the shared directories available in that SAP virtual host by issuing
<SAPGRP>. I don't know where am I going wrong:( I've also opened a call with a SAP and waiting for their reply.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varadarajan,

Could you tell me how you resolved this issue. When I try to add a New Fileserver and bring this resource online it fails.

I would like to know how to add the Name:VirtualNetworkName in the dependency list of the New FileServer.

Regards

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to creat a  ‘SAP virtual host’ File server node in the ‘services and applications’ of your cluster,and then when you install the ascs you need run cmd

sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME= ‘SAP virtual host’

my english is too ,I hope you can understand what I mean

Former Member
0 Kudos

this answer is no longer correct.

Today you should use the SAP Software Provisioning Manager from SL-Toolset instead of the old Installation Master DVDs.

Using this one we no longer have the need to manually create the File Server.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am installing ERP 6.0 HA on SQL server 2008 and Windows 2008 with Fail over cluster management.

I have performed all the Prerequisites before starting ASCS installation.

And When I started the ASCS installation I could not see the drive in which I have created the SAP cluster group.

Please suggest.

Thank You,

Rahul M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

During the installation SAPINST will look for the SAP virtual host and not the windows cluster host. Make sure that u r installing the SAP with the SAP's virtual host and not with the windows cluster host.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please describe how you resolved your issue.

We have been sitting with this issue all week , researching without finding a solution

please advise

thanks so much

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue was because I've used the windows cluster host instead of the SAP virtual host. Thanks for all ur replies.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

From command prompt run

net share

Should have SAPMNT pointing to shared drive and SAPLOC pointing

to local drive

regards,

John Feely