cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Stock from unrestricted to quality inspection allthough reservered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All together.

I have a little problem and hope that somebody can help me.

We yesterday had some tests about transfer postings in our SAP AFS system.

The initial situation was that we have for example 16 pc of a material in unrestricted stock. four peaces are reserved and bound to a outbound delivery which has been picked & packed.

in this situation the QC department decides to check these 16 peaces in the warehouse. The WMS sent us a message with movement Type 322 for all 16 peaces to be posted from unrestricted stock to quality inspection stock.

When we received the Idoc for this movement we would have expected that the Idoc processing would fail because of missing quantities in stock ( because 4 of the 16 peaces are reserved and bound on outbound deliveries).

Surprisingly the Idoc was successfully posted and the 16 peaces where moved from unrestricted stock to quality inspection stock.From our view this behaviour is wrong.

Does anybody know a solution for this and a way to avoid posting reserved and bound stock?

Thanks in advance

Julian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the pieces are still in the warehouse and still showing as 16 in unrestricted there would be no reason you can't do this.

My first question would be if the delivery was truly picked and packed? I would have have thought that if this was true, then you wouldn't see 16 in unrestricted, but 12 with 4 showing as scheduled for delivery.

Were there any outstanding TO's? Is it possible that the TO to move the 4 pieces out of the Warehouse was never processed?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Looks like the negative stock is active for the storage type , so the system allowed you to post 16 pcs to QI stock even though the 4 pcs are still available in WH and not been issued in the delivery. Think this will result in negative quants in warehouse stocks. Again i am not sure of this since i dont have test system to test this.

Benny