cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty file in sender comm channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have issue with the empty files coming from the sender which are getting processed and getting saved in given file location.

Now the problem is,these files donot contain data and rather just gets outputted with header and trailer with some dummy data usually spaces,some zeros,-- like this...,this makes the file size of some 444 bytes or 834 bytes but as it is not having any data,we need to goto SXMB_MONI everyday,check for files,if its empty,needs to cancel them manually because it appears in red flag.

To avoid this,i was thinking of setting the empty file option in processing of communication channel to SKIp messages or delete messages.

Am i right in this approach?

From other thread:

"Currently when a process fails in PI due to an empty file the process needs to be manually set to u201Ccancelledu201D,where to locate in PI,what could be the problem and how it is to be solved.i have asked a similar question and hope that this error will help."

please reply and show me right way of resolving this.

thanks!

cheers!

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Aug 19, 2010 10:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nishi,

This can be easily achieved in the mapping. Check for data records, if it is empty then don't create the target node ... it won't throw any error as such but you can raise alert if there is a requirement for that.

Regards,

Neetesh

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishi,

It seems that main issue is red flag shown in SXI_MONITOR for empty file.

To avoid this you can create a scenario where in message mapping at header level check whether the header field is having

zero as field value(Check what value is coming in header field in empty file). If that value is present into the message then dont populate any other field so that will help to avoid red flag (As I guess red flag is coming due to data problem)

In receiver determination check this header value and define another dummy receiver and pass the message to that dummy receiver. This will avoid error flag and message gets processed successfully and will not reach to target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per ur req, its nt possible in this way.

The empty file handling means the whole file is empty, the size is 0k.

So in ur req, empty file means Header and Trailer present, but no data Records.

we can achive this in following ways also,

1.write an adapter module, to check if at all there is atleast there is 1 Data record, if not throw exception there itself.

2.In the mapping check if at all there is any Data Record. If no Data Records raise exception and also the Alerts.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

seems this can work,but do you have any example/screenshots where i can understand more.

you are correct that my files have no data record but header and trailer is there,,,please reply with actual scenario if you have in a document.

appreciate!!

thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just noticed that you have raised 2 different threads. Don't raise 2 threads for same question. Read rules of engagement.

For your question, the file should be really Empty to use this option and it seems that your file is not.

Regards,

Prateek