cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L Account determination for shipment cost. Posted: Aug 18, 2010 5:0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

while creating shipment cost document, it shows the g/l account assigned for the posting of freight amount. but i am unable to find the G/L acc. determination (OMWB). I cant find out the transaction key.

Please help me with it

Deepak Mehmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Kindly check what is the valuation class asigned in the transaction T_56 (Assign shipment cost types and item categories) against shipment header and shipment leg. Cross check whether you have checked the GL account for the valuation class maintained here and for the transaction types VBR and WRX.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay

The valuation class maintained with T_56 is same as which is coming in the shipment cost document. I have checked in the production server too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the shipment cost relevant accounts in the following places.

1. In OBYC, check the follwing transactions for your chart of accounts.

a) GBB -> VBR - Offsetting entry for inventory posting

b) WRX -> GR/IR Clearing Account

2. These accounts should be assigned to the valuation class, which is assigned in your shipment item category and Shipment cost type assignment configuration.

The accounting entries will be

1. At the time of service entry sheet

GR/IR Clearing A/c Cr

Inventory A/c Dr

2. At the time vendor invoice creation

Vendor A/c Cr

GR/IR Clearing A/c Dr

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay

Thanks for the reply, it was quite helpful.

I checked the same transaction keys and there do exist the g/l assigned to valuation class. but it doesnt match the G/L in which the freight value is being posted at the time of shipment cost document creation. In accounting document (services acceptance), i have delivery doc,line item no., freight net value, G/L account and cost center. and G/L account is different in there.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Please check with OKB9.

OR

IMGLogistics ExecutionTransportationShipment CostsSettlement--Automatic Determination of CO Assignments

Regards

Arun