cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display long text of ABAP note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to display long text information of ABAP note. The type of long text is TFPTLINE with line type TLINE, which contains field "TDFORMAT" and "TDLINE". How can I do to display these information?

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use UI Element 'FormattedTextView' to display the text. Check the section 'Conversion of SAPScript into Formatted Textview' in the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3b/219141c1d0ae5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Ranganathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks a lot. Do you know any example for me to learn? I need some more detail information. Like, what type of context attribute should be set? Need a table to display a long text. So on...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create the context node attribute of type string. Convert your internal table data into a string using FM CONVERT_TABLE_TO_STRING. Bind the output of this FM with your attribute using set_attribute method of interface if_wd_context_node ( *from code wizard ).

Thanks

Vishal Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not find the FM you mentioned, but i get HRHAP_CONVERT_TABLE_TO_STR. Is it the one?

And one of the output is a string. Is it a string with format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use this function module or any other suitable FM to convert your table data into string

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

if its not in a tabler format then u can crate TEXTEDITOR to display Longtext, if its a table Then create a column with a push button upon clicking on that button u can open another view to show long text.

ex: wdr_test_textedit

regards

Prabhu

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

Conver the Sapscript to text stream uisng the function module CONVERT_ITF_TO_STREAM_TEXT .(Pass LF as 'X')

Sap script text of type TLINE gets converted into text and string table.

Create a TEXT VIEW and bind context attribute of type string or string_table. You will get both this formats using above function module.

Regards,

MAdhu

Edited by: madhu reddy on Aug 19, 2010 11:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I test this FM using this input TLINE

>1 First Line

AS

But I get an empty table for output parameter stream_lines.

Why is it?

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you pass importing parameter LF = X then it will retuen stram lines , if you pass LF = space which default it wil retuen value in text_stream

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_ITF_TO_STREAM_TEXT'
    EXPORTING
*   LANGUAGE           = SY-LANGU
     lf                 = 'X'
   IMPORTING
     stream_lines       = lt_text_lines
    TABLES
     itf_text           = lt_lines

Edited by: madhu reddy on Aug 19, 2010 11:50 AM