cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Creating a HTTP Service in SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having difficulty in setting up a HTTP Service in SOAMANAGER.

I have generated the Enterprise Service - Service Definition Succesfully in SAP from a RFC Enabled Function Group( this is working fine).

I then go into SOAMANAGER -> Single Service Administration -> Select the Service -> Select the Configurations Tab -> Create Service

The problem I have is that when this comes up under the

Provider Security Tab -> Transport Guarantee -> Communication Security

I do not have a radiobutton for "None" (this is what I want to select to create a HTTP service.)

I have the options

- SSL over HTTP (Transport Channel Security)

- Asymmetric Message/Signature / Encryption

- Symmetric Message/Signature Encryption

Secure Conversation

If you see William Li's blog /people/william.li/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-avoid-authentication-when-accessing-ws-provider-service you item 3.6 shows how the screen is supposed to look (with the additional option of "None" as the first radiobutton).

My current workaround is to define the service and then go into SICF, select the service and change the Security Requirement from SSL to Standard on the Logon Data Tab. Although this works it is not the ideal solution.

I'm wondering if there is something we are missing in our soap run time, perhaps a configuration setting we need to set in srt_admin. (I believe this option was there before we did a service pack upgrade)

Has anyone experienced this before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I've experimented something like that before. I think solution was:

- Search the webservice in SE80, Repository Information System -> Enterprese Services

- Enter the service definition

- Go to 'Configuration' tab

- Click on 'Transport Security'/'Authentication'

- In profile setting, switch it for 'Low' or 'None'

I believe this will turn available the option you're looking for.

Kind regards,

Garcia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wr_sstt1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip. Just complementing. In my case, it took a logoff and new login in SOAMANAGER to recognize the configuration modification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agree with Bruno, you need to set security profile to "Low" to get "None" option enable in SOAMANAGER.

Regards,

Gourav