cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block direct postings to WBS but all settlement

jeff_mayfield2
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the best way to block FI postings to a WBS Element but still allow settlement transactions?

I have projects where the top most WBS element only accumulates costs from lower level WBS elements and settles to an AUC. Users are posting directly to this top level and it's causing budgeting and reporting issues. I can stop the posting by locking the element but the project will no longer settle.

I've considered creating a new user status and validation rule to stop specific types of FI postings. Is there a better way to stop unwanted postings to specific WBS Elements?

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think user status is the better option.

jeff_mayfield2
Participant
0 Kudos

User status was the best option. I created two new user status, one called Block Posting and the other Allow Postings.

The new Block Posting status was set to forbid FI Postings and forbid various MM postings, this stopped postings but still allows project settlement to occur. The new Allow Postings status is set as the initial user status and has no restrictions so by default all WBS elements allow FI postings and the project manager can select which elements to block as the are created.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

another way is to lock WBS and then before settlement run an unlock program and then after settlement run locking program