Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC Charts and Analytics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

I hope somebody can provide some help.

Does SAP's software generate SPC charts using STATIT Custom QC and STATIT eQC or another software package? or is it SAP developed?

Does anybody know if BusinessObjects is capable of generating SPC charts like an X-bar S chart? Can it also provide process capability analysis (e.g. histograms with Cpk values)?

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP SPC charts are SAP developed - all the calculations, formulas are stored in Function Modules and written in SAP - ABAP.

I have not worked on BO - but I heard some SPC charting is possible. I know the SPC engine is very powerful in MII, you can do all types of SPC analysis but not sure about BO.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow-up question....

Do you have to be logged into SAP to be able to view charts or can they be imbedded in other web applications?

Do you have any examples of the interface that end users would see in SAP?

Thanks.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to log into SAP to see the charts , cp,cpk values etc. I am not aware of any options to publish these charts on web, I never got a chance to do that.

But with my experience, the SPC options in standard SAP (ECC or R/3) are very limited not like third party applications like infinity qs etc. The SPC chart options like any other sap r/3, go to the related transaction code and pull up the charts on various selection criteria. Configurable graphical options are available and SAP supports various kinds of charts.

The other option (I have doen it in multiple places) is utilize sap to gather/collects data points, inerface third party statistical packages like statistica to sap r/3 . downlaod the data from sap and do the analysis.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Answers (0)