cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI - XI -ECC : scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We are planning to do EDI_XI integration for inbound and outbound.

scenario1: PO from customers are in the gentran server. we hve to post the PO as IDOCS in R/3

scenario2: oubound invoice IDOCs sent to the gentran server as files.

Can we set the gentran as a Business system and use a File and IDOC adapter for achieving this scenario? or should we use only seeburger adapter to do this?

Pls provide your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aarthi,

<i>should we use only seeburger adapter to do this?</i>

>>>it Depends

1)If the gentran is able to provide the xml file from EDI format then you can use directly file adapter to pick the file and vice versa.

2) If there is no facility by gentran system to convert EDI format into XML or vice versa, then it is better to use SeeBurger Adapter.

Many of the places, case 1 is used. Because of security related/firewall related issues with customer wrt Seeburger adapter in their landscapes.

But you can think of Itemfield Conversion agent to convert EDI format into xml and vice versa. Here you go -

/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/06/08/sap-xi-supports-edifact

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the POs in the genran server are available as falt files(fixed length), so in this case we can directly use a FILE adapter to poll the flat files and post it as an IDOC.Right?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Actually the POs in the genran server are available as falt files(fixed length), so in this case we can directly use a FILE adapter to poll the flat files and post it as an IDOC.Right?</i>

>>>Yes, you are right. If this is the case, it is similar to File to Idoc scenario. So first you need to pick the file and then do the content conversion and then map it and post the idoc.

Regards,

Moorthy