cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete records from STXFTXT table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to delete entries from STXFTXT table. But delete option is greyed out when opening through SE16.

Can you please tell me how to delete and after delete the invalid records need to include those into transport ?

So that I can move it to QA and production as well.

I tried to delete the translation through SE63 . But once it is saved after removing the wrong translation it is not getting reflected into STXFTXT table as well as next time when checking the translation of the smartfprm through SE63 again the other language translation is coming in ,only which is maintained in STXFTXT table. In this case it is happening for ZH and IT languages. So if I open the same smartform for other than these two languages no translation is coming as it is not maintained in STXFTXT table.

Please suggest how to delete those invalid entries from STXFTXT table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bruno_esperanca
Contributor
0 Kudos

Better solution:

TX SMARTFORMS, delete object, recreate only with the languages you want. This way you'll make sure everything is clean. Otherwise there's no standard way to delete a translation (as far as I know).

Best,

Bruno

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

write an abap program in that read the entries which you think as invaid in to a Internal table, then delete it..

code snippet..

once you get the invalid entries in a internal table..

then

DELETE STXTTXT FROM TABLE ITAB.

Hope this will help you.

Regads,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you will have to logon using the original laguage and perform this action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the option for openning the table entries in Original language but still all the options were grayed out. Also I dont want to write any program to delete the records.

Anyway, it has been done by chaging the table settings by one of our basis team members and now directly we will be able to delete from the table itself in Production system.

Edited by: Soumi Dutta on Aug 23, 2010 10:22 PM