Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protected Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My developer has issue changing existing protected variants through Se38 that was created by one of our x consultant who was rolled off before go live now my Developers wants to change the variants but they can't so they came to me and I assigned SAP_ALL to one of my developer profile in Dev but he is still can't change it. It's says variant can't be changed other then the user who created but we don't have this user anymore.

Please give your advice what would be the solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance

Faisal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can remove the user-based protection with report RSVARENT but you must specify exactly the report and variant you want to unprotect, otherwise it unprotects all ...

Easier and safer is to document that you unlock the user and remove the flag in transaction VARCH, and then lock it again.

For users such as these it is also worth checking in tbtcp that they have not immortalized themselves in jobsteps...

Cheers,

Julius

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can remove the user-based protection with report RSVARENT but you must specify exactly the report and variant you want to unprotect, otherwise it unprotects all ...

Easier and safer is to document that you unlock the user and remove the flag in transaction VARCH, and then lock it again.

For users such as these it is also worth checking in tbtcp that they have not immortalized themselves in jobsteps...

Cheers,

Julius