cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the table where we load loading time and pick/pack time based on the shipping points:

for example:

Plant Route Day Hrs Loc

101A 000001 1.00 10:00 Edison, VA

101A 1DAY 1.00 10:00 Edison, VA

When I put it both hours and days its adding a day for the loading time and a day for PGI. Why is that?

Also when I maintain both loading and pick/pack time it again adds two days> Why doesn't it add 4 days based on the logic above.

What do i need to do to keep the PGI and loading time to 1 day? Do i keep the days or hours? what are the consequences.

Edited by: saad A on Aug 18, 2010 4:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Loading Time and Pick/Pack time are taken from the Shipping Point.

You can use either "Daily scheduling" or "Precise scheduling" for your Shipping Point.

If you "Precise scheduling" , then the above Lead Times are calculated in hours and minute and if you are using "Daily scheduling" then the above Lead Times are also calculated in hours and minutes but ultimately resulting in days (calculated in days).

Daily scheduling uses the Factory calender for calculating the above lead times and ultimately gives in days.

Precise scheduling uses the working time of the shipping point and calculates the above lead times down to hours and minutes.

If you have specified a "Working time" for the Shipping Point, that indicates that you are using Precise scheduling for your Shipping point.

I think, you have not specified the working time for the Shipping point by which system considers as Daily scheduling, therefore system is taking the lead time in days.

Maintain the working time for your Shipping point by defining the shift sequence for the Shipping point and try again.

Reagrds

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saad

Did not fully understand your example.

But you should be aware that the scheduling is affected by not just the Pick/Pack times of the Shipping Point, but the lead times associated with the route- Transit time, Transportation time, Factory calendars for the Shipping point , route, working hours etc.

One can maintain both a loading time in work days and a loading time in working hours in the 'Loading time' view. Which of the two times is used depends on whether or not 'Working times' have been maintained for the corresponding shipping point.

To get the PGI and loading time to 1 day, I would recommend not maintaining any working hours for the Shipping point and just maintaining the loading time as one day.

Refer to this OSS note for good guidance on this subject.

547961 - FAQ: Shipment and transportation scheduling in R/3 system