Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuple Record deleted in MDM does not reflect in ECC

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a scenario for central creation of Material master data in SAP MDM 7.1 and syndication to SAP ECC system. We are using tuples for Long text & Alternate unit of measure.

The problem is as below:

If we create a material with 1 or more tuple records for Long text & Alternate unit of measure and syndicate it, it gets created in the SAP ECC system properly.

If we add 1 more a tuple record it gets updated successfully.

But if we delete a record from the tuple for same material and save and syndicate it, it does not get updated in the SAP ECC system.

Please help!

Thanks in Advance

~ Suraj Sawarkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>it does not get updated in the SAP ECC system

Does the records gets syndicated out of MDM or not? If it does, please check in the middleware, if its is successful there as well, then you need to check ECC side, if you are using Proxy, check sxmb_moni in ECC, if you are using RFC, enable external debugger in RFC, if you are using IDOC, check WE02.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

The main record gets updated, but the deleted record in the tuple does not get updated i.e it does not get deleted.

~ Suraj Sawarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

do you see any records being syndicated out of MDM when you delete tuple?

If record is not even syndicated, then the issue is in MDM but if the record goes out from MDM to ECC but doesn't update ECC, then the issue is on ECC side.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

The main record gets updated, but the deleted record in the tuple does not get updated i.e it does not get deleted.

Let me explain in detail:

If I have a material XYZ in MDM system with a long text tuple with 2 records Basic data text & Purchase order text. XYZ also is present in SAP ECC system.

Now, if I delete the Purchase order text record from the tuple and syndicate the record, the Purchace Order text does not get deleted in SAP system.

I can see the message in PI system with only one Longtext record. Also in WE02 transaction in SAP ECC system I can see only one MTXLM line under MTXHM segment in the MATMAS05 Idoc, which means the data is coming correctly till here. But while inbound processing of the IDOC the deleted record in tuple is not updated.

~ Suraj Sawarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>But while inbound processing of the IDOC the deleted record in tuple is not updated.

So we now know that the issue is on ECC side, do you have regular processing sequence in ECC or you have enhanced the IDOC or put some custom processing sequence?

Thanks

Aamir

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

We are following the standard inbound processing for the MATMAS05 IDocs using the Process Code "MATM" in the partner profile on ECC, which in turn calls Function module IDOC_INPUT_MATMAS01.

Not able to guess where it is going wrong.

Thanks

Suraj

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I tested the similar scenario explained by you. i am able to delete tuple records in SAp ECC. i tried with vendor repository wherein i deleted 1 Email address among 3 succesfully.

Let's try in this way...Run earlier succesfully posted IDOC in foregorund...may be u will get some hint.

Cheers,

Rc

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If Possible, Can you please try deleting tuple records of Material Master from MDM and see thr result in ECC?

Thanks,

Suraj

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot do it...My model is diffrent.

Cheers,

Rc

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh!

You do have material master model. right?

If you have access to the ECC partner profile transaction (WE20) can you please check the configuration for inbound MATMAS message type. I just wanted to know what Process code & function module is used to post the MATMAS IDoc.

Thanks,

~Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I would like to add one thing here. Is it really required to physically delete those tuple records from ECC? Your actual scenario should be "Mark for Deletion" not physical deletion from ECC. Check for any field in that view where you want to delete, if those can be marked for deletion for further transactions.

If there is no deletion flag then you we can think about physical deletion.

BR,

Alok Sharma

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Process code and FM maintained by you is right.

@Alok - Mark for Deletion is always applicable at Org data Level...for eg Plant data, main data, sales data....Suraj is trying to delete Some part of Main data which is maintained in tuple in MDM.

Cheers,

Rc

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

We do not want to delete the material record as a whole from ECC, but only the deleted Tuple record inside the main record from MDM system should be deleted from ECC.

I checked for Customer master tuple "EU Tax Numbers". If I delete a record from it in MDM system, it gets deleted from ECC also after syndication. So, the functionality is working in case of Customer master Tuples, but not for Material master tuple.

Any furthur inputs?

Thanks,

Suraj

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming Rajesh!

It is quite confusing actually. A standard SAP FM that is used for posting Customer master record updates a Customer properly if a tuple record is deleted in MDM system. But standard SAP FM that is used for posting Material master IDoc does not.

Do I need to check the ABAP code for this? Or is there some other thing amiss?

~ Suraj

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well that's a good idea to check FM ABAP code...you may need to do some change because I think MATMAS is not designed specific to MDM...and in general data migration there is a another way to delete the existing record.

Better check the code. All the best.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Or is there some other thing amiss?

Can you please revert with whether this Tuple node Property is required or not in MDM syndicator. I mean in MDM Syndicator-->under Destination Items Tab, Property Required is Ticked in Check box or not.

As I am able to figure it out that this may be one reason, If this is not ticked in check-box then this tuple node will not generate if it does not have any values. I mean in case if you delete tuple record in MDM a file will get syndicated out of MDM without these Tuple nodes. Thus would not able to pass Null to target side structure of IDOC and therefore your Tuple record is not getting deleted in SAP ECC system.(R/3 side). So please make sure that this Tuple nodes must be generated even if it carries blank values (nothing) in syndication files so that you can map with required target structure of ECC IDOC to pass these blank values.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

The Node mapped to the Tuple is a subnode (E1MTXHM) inside a main node (E1MARAM). And the "Required" property is uneditable and checked only for main node by default i.e E1MARAM.

Moreover, when I compared the Node mapped to the Tuple in Customer Master for which the deletion is working fine, there also the "Required" property is not checked and no Node gets generated in the IDoc for the deleted tuple record. Still it updates the deletion in ECC.

So, this may not be the reason. Any other approach please?

Thanks,

~Suraj