cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP printer config error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hie guys i am trying to configure fornt end printing on my machine . i have installed SAPSPRINT , SAPLPD.exe is running wel. i have set my ip address on the spool server host files , and in my host files i have set the spool server ip address. the printer can printer outside of SAP test print docs.

on Access method i have tried G: front end printing with control Tech

on host printer i have put _Default

my device type is not on the list its an Epson lx 300, so i chose SAPWIN:MS Windows driver Latin 1.

i have also tried Access method S:Print Using SAP protocol

Host Printer _Default

Spool server: pcldev_DEV_02

Device type: SAPWIN:MS Windows driver Latin 1.

ihave tried Access method F:Printing on front end computer

Host Printer _Default

Device type: SAPWIN:MS Windows driver Latin 1.

i have also varied my device types to EPSON versions but stil nothing.

i am running windows server 2003 on my laptop.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you enter __DEFAULT for the host printer.(2 underscores)

Regards,

Aidan

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Frontend printing with Control technology and Access method G, it is not needed to install SAPSprint on the Frontend client. You should remove it. SAPSprint is used with Accedd method S and a remote windows print server.

For Frontend printing with Control technology and Access method G, it is enough that SAPGUI is installed in the PC. See SAP Note #821519 for the requirements.

SAPLPD is obselete but it should still work for Frontend print with Access method F only. Windows device type like SAPWIN is the correct one. This utilizes the windows printer driver for the various printers installed in the Windows print manager of the frontend PC.

Regards,

Aidan